Canelo vs. Floyd Would Be $1.5 Billion Fight, Says Oscar De La Hoya

Canelo vs. Floyd Would Be $1.5 Billion Fight, Says Oscar De La Hoya

 

Oscar De La Hoya Canelo vs. Floyd Rematch Would Be $1.5 Billion Fight

 

EXCLUSIVE

says he's dead serious about setting up a rematch with -- and his promoter, , says Floyd has more than a BILLION reasons to make it happen. 

"If Floyd Mayweather decides to come back, a fight with him and Canelo could be a $1.5 billion fight," Oscar tells TMZ Sports.

Of course, Canelo and Floyd in 2013 -- with Floyd dominating the then-23-year-old rising star. Floyd for that fight, which was a record payday at the time. 

But, things have changed in a BIG way since then. Mayweather claims he made more than per fight for his bouts with and . 

Canelo's value has -- he recently signed a $365 MILLION fight contract with DAZN after notching impressive wins over huge stars like Miguel Cotto, ,  and . 

Oscar says he's realistic about the chances of making the rematch happen -- and even clowns Floyd taking against tomato can opponents like . 

But, Canelo says he's out for revenge -- and hopes he can convince Floyd to strap on the gloves for one final war. 

"I would love to have the opportunity to avenge that defeat," Canelo told us through a translator. 

In the meantime, Canelo is gearing up for his May 4 fight against to unify the middleweight belts. 

Jacobs is 35-2 ... and with Gennady Golovkin in 2017.